- Legal Issues Arising in the Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment of Children and Adolescents, chapter of textbook entitled, Psychiatric Inpatient Management of Children and Adolescents, 1993.
- "Controlling Damages in Third-Party Liability Cases," - DRI Damages Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 27, 2008.
- "Avoiding Malpractice & Defending Psychiatric Death Cases," Grand Rounds - The Sheppard Pratt Health System, May 2, 2007.
- "Getting Them and Holding Them: Advanced Technologies for Selecting Jurors and Molding Jury Attitudes," The Maryland Jury: Today and Tomorrow - Maryland Defense Counsel, Inc. Seminar, University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, March 29, 2005.
- "Professional Liability & the Legal Duties Imposed on Social Workers," School of Social Work, St. Francis University, Loretto, PA, April 2003.
- "Cross-Examination of the Victims of Crime or Violence" - DRI Trial Tactics Seminar, Atlanta, Georgia, June 15, 2001.
- "Risk Management and Legal Liability in the Provision of Inpatient Psychiatric Care - The Sheppard Pratt Health System, March 21, 2001.
- "Maximizing Your Chances of Avoiding Lawsuits for Improper Medical or Nursing Care" - The Beacon Institute, Inc., June 19, 2000.
- "Risk Management and the Defense of Health Care Providers in the Treatment of Children and Adolescents" - St. Vincent's Center, June 1, 1999.
- "Reporting Physical and Sexual Abuse: Legal Duties and Clinical Risks" - Department of Health & Mental Hygiene of Howard County, Maryland, February 17, 1999.
- "The Potentially Violent Patient - Balancing the Duty to Protect with the Duty of Care in the Treatment of Children and Adolescents" - Forbush School, The Sheppard Pratt Health System, February 5, 1999.
- "Risk Management and Legal Liability in the Provision of Inpatient and Outpatient Psychiatric Care - The Sheppard Pratt Health System, February 8, 1998.
- "Cutting Costs and the War Against All" - Law Office Economics and Management Techniques, Defense Research Institute, Inc., May 15-17, 1996.
- "Legal Perspectives in the Reporting of Sexual Abuse & Repressed Memories" - University of Maryland Child Psychiatry Grand Rounds, November 28, 1995.
- "Health Care Providers' Obligation to Report Physical or Sexual Abuse" - Maryland Association of Licensed Clinical Social Workers, June 2, 1995.
- "Minimizing Legal Risk in the Treatment of Children and Adult Survivors of Physical and Sexual Abuse" - The Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital, March 20, 1995.
- This House Divided - When Parents Divorce - Sheppard Pratt Course for Divorced and Divorcing Parents, Community Educational Programs of The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, October, 1992,
- "The Defense of Doctors Caught in a Disciplinary Web" - Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance, Mercy Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, May, 1992.
- "Successor Corporate Liability, the Evolving Law of Who Pays on Tort Claims After Corporate Takeovers" - Maryland State Bar Association, May, 1992.
- "Management of the Aggressive, Psychotic Patient in a Psychiatric Hospital" - The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, April, 1992.
- "All You Ever Wanted to Know About Guardianship and Sheppard Pratt's Patients" - Panel Presentation, The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, April 23, 1991.
- "Collections, Utilization Reviews, and Premature Discharge" - The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, Grand Rounds, May 30, 1990.
- "Forced Administration of Psychotropic Drugs: The Constitutionality of Maryland's Clinical Review Panel" - The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, May, 1990.
- "Risk Management of the Suicidal or Homicidal Patient; Duty to Warn" - The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, September, 1987; June, 1988; March, 1989; July, 1990.
- "Cross-examination of Experts in the Defense of a Civil Action" - Maryland Association of Trial Attorneys, May, 1989.
- "Liability in Psychiatry" - The Education Center Conference at The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, June, 1988.
- "Psychiatry and Law - Consent for Treatment, Guardianship, Elopement, Confidentiality" - The Sheppard & Enoch Pratt Hospital, Grand Rounds, October 29, 1986.
- "The Uncommon Law of Defamation and its Implicit First Amendment Restrictions" - keynote address, Maryland, Virginia, District of Columbia and Delaware Association of Newspaper Editors and Publishers, January, 1986.
- "The Deposition of Experts in Complex Medical Malpractice and Product Liability Actions" - Maryland State Bar Association, 1984.
- Goetsch, Scott D. and Valencia, Dominick M., Constitutional Challenges to Limitations on Non-Economic Damages. Defense Counsel Journal, Vol. 57, p.51, January 1990.
- "The Use of Psychiatric Testimony at Trial," DRI Trial Techniques Seminar, Newport, RI, May, 1991.
- Contributing author, Product Liability Defenses - A State-by-State Compendium, Defense Research Institute, 1992.
- "Conflicts of Interest and the Insured/Insurer Relationship," International Association of Defense Counsel Mid-Year Meeting, Boca Raton, FL, February, 1993.
- "Punitive Damages and Unfair Claims Practices," Prentice-Hall Insurance Litigation Seminar, October, 1994, New York, NY.
- "The FJC Reference Manual on Scientific Evidence," Product Liability Committee, International Association of Defense Counsel Mid-Year Meeting, February, 1995, Kauai, Hawaii.
- "Developments in Insurance Coverage for Toxic Torts," Toxic and Hazardous Substances Committee, International Association of Defense Counsel Annual Meeting, July, 1995, San Francisco, CA.
- Contributing author, DRI Annotated CGL Policy - 1995 Update
- Contributing author, Expert Testimony - A State-by-State Compendium, Defense Research Institute, 1996.
- Goetsch, Scott D., Jackson, William J., McCloskey, Stephen S., "Insurance Bad Faith Claims in Maryland," Lorman Education Services Seminar, December, 1998, Baltimore, MD
- "Copyright Issues in Electronic Commerce," American Law Firm Association, 1999 International Client Seminar.
- Editor, Semmes, Bowen and Semmes Transportation Update, Summer 1999 Edition.
- "Premises Liability in Maryland," Safety Council of Maryland, Inc., December, 1999.
- Contributing author, Product Liability Compendium, American Law Firm Association, April, 2000.
- Goetsch, Scott D. and Byrnes, Ann D'Arcy, Electronic Signatures and Records: Ushering in a New Era of Electronic Dominance," The Business Suit, DRI Business Litigation Committee, Summer, 2000.
- Program Chairman, "Technology Litigation - The Next Wave," Defense Research Institute, November 1-3, 2000, Chicago, IL.
- Moderator, "Liability Issues and Internet Web Sites," American Law Firm Association International Client Seminar, March, 2001.
- Contributing author, Product Liability Compendium, American Law Firm Association, March, 2001.
- Contributing author, Product Liability Defenses - A State-by-State Compendium, Revised, Defense Research Institute, 2001